I am pleased to announce that the IFRS Foundation’s annual conference will be held at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel in London on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 June 2019. We have enclosed the programme for the conference, which will provide an excellent opportunity for you to get ahead and hear first-hand what the International Accounting Standards Board is considering after completing its major projects.
I will speak at the conference, as will Sue Lloyd, Vice-Chair of the Board, and my fellow Board members—Nick Anderson, Martin Edelmann, Françoise Flores, Gary Kabureck, Takatsugu Ochi, Darrel Scott and Mary Tokar. Some of the Board’s senior technical staff and experts on IFRS Standards from the private sector and regulatory bodies will also speak.
The conference will be divided into three kinds of sessions: plenary sessions to discuss our current areas of focus; preconference workshops and breakout sessions to provide an opportunity for you to focus on your interests.
• Investor-focused workshop and update on IFRS Standards;
• Implementing IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
• Financial instruments—what is next for IBOR and financial instruments with characteristics of equity?
• IASB update
• Better Communication—what the Board is doing to improve communication in financial reporting
• Electronic reporting—Why everyone should care about the IFRS Taxonomy
• Getting the best from IFRS 9 Financial Instruments and IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers?
• Project update: Business Combinations under Common Control
• Project update: Goodwill and Impairment
• Project update: Management Commentary
• Implementation and application of IFRS Standards—an update on hot topics being discussed by the IFRS Interpretations Committee
I look forward to seeing you in London.
Chairman of the Board